A NodeJS alternative to the hologram cloud

I was just finishing a project using the Dash with NodeJS. I have the MKR GSM 1400 as I was told that would be a good replacement to use the hologram cloud and the ability to drive it from Serial TTL instead of USB.

I just don’t know where to start. I was hoping for a nodejs example and a library to call much like the Dash. I thought Ben wrote something but I can’t find it.

An example would be great as now I am a month behind schedule - and I put alot of time into the Dash which seemed perfect for my application.

I would love to use the Nova but if I understand correctly, I can’t use the serial TTL of the raspberry Pi. The enclosure won’t support a USB cable and connection. Also I may need to connect an outside antenna.

Is there plans to work up a nodejs demo for the MKR or is there some other 3rd Party hardware that will interface to the Raspberry PI using NodeJS vis the serial TTL?

@Mcrowley not sure what you mean by NodeJS support. Could you create a new topic and break down your specific request?

Both the Dash and MKR only support C++.

Thanks

Will do… I will try to specify how I am using Nodejs with the Dash…

Not sure where to put this as a new Topic.
I am using the Raspberry PI coding in NodeJS and call the Dash via the serial port using the cloud commands such as “Cloud send msg topic”

So I guess what I’m looking for is the MKR program to load that would give me that functionality. I thought there was a library on the Arduino site that could be loaded ( not sure how) that would give that functionality.

R eally has nothing to do with programming the Dash or the MKR in NodeJS.

Moved it here for you.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.