APN settings for Cat-M1 module

We are trying to connect Simcom SIM7000A Cat-M1 module to the hologram network (AT&T/Verizon).
We configured “hologram” APN according to documentation, but it didn’t work.
But it works fine if we set APN to “apn.konekt.io” or enabling APN auto-configuration.
Is “apn.konekt.io” a valid APN name? I saw it mentioned here, but not in the official documentation.
Is it better to allow APN auto-configuration or manually configure it?

Not an answer but just another datapoint, my device registers fine on both AT&T and Verizion with “hologram” as the APN. This is with a U-Blox Cat-M1 module, not SIMCOM.

“hologram” APN worked for us too, up until yesterday.
We were not able to register to network yesterday, so we switched to “apn.konekt.io” and it is working again (at least today).
I am trying to figure out if using “apn.konekt.io” is a robust solution or we should consider using auto-configured APN instead.

I would recommend reaching out to Hologram support if they don’t post here and work with them to get the “hologram” APN working on your devices. As this is the only APN they list in their documentation, anything else will likely not be supported if you run into issues further down the road.

For reference I just re-started my device and am successfully on the Verizon Cat-M1 network with “hologram” APN:

at+creg?
+CREG: 0,5

OK
at+cgdcont?
+CGDCONT: 1,"IP","hologram","10.52.xx.xx",0,0,0,0

at+cops?
+cops: 0,0,"Verizon Wireless Hologram",8

OK

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.