Nona LTE usb really slow connectivity

I am getting really slow network speed on LTE usb. It is connected to the Verizon network. Is there any speed throttling happening on the hologram side that I can change?

These are the speeds I am getting.

pi@theomarpi:~/speedtest-cli $ python speedtest.py
Retrieving speedtest.net configuration...
Testing from Verizon Wireless (174.215.5.186)...
Retrieving speedtest.net server list...
Selecting best server based on ping...
Hosted by AT&T (San Francisco, CA) [2.51 km]: 125.087 ms
Testing download speed................................................................................
Download: 0.06 Mbit/s
Testing upload speed...............................................................................................
.Upload: 0.23 Mbit/s
pi@theomarpi:~/speedtest-cli $

Checking signal

at
OK
AT+COPS=?
+COPS: (2,"Verizon Wireless","VZW","311480",7),,(0,1,2,3,4),(0,1,2)

OK
AT+CSQ
+CSQ: 26,99

Any ideas?
Thanks!

Hey Omardude,

Cat-M1 speeds are slower than other connections by design (uplink and downlink speeds of 375 kbits/s in half duplex mode), so its best used for applications with low to medium data rate needs. The real advantage is lower power usage and module cost. On top of that this also depends on tower congestion and a few other factors that play into it.

With regards to throttling, Verizon has set a limit of 50MB/month on their Cat-M1 network, but that is an arbitrary number and Cat-M1 devices would be using less than that anyway.

Best,
Maiky

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.