SIM works in Seattle, now not working in Stockholm

Dear Support.

Please see below screen shot for details on my Dash and sim. The program code on my Dash is also pasted below.

I have it programmed so I can send it an SMS of “Status?” and it will reply with an SMS that tells me the voltage and calculated % charge of a 12v battery it is connected to ("13.4v 55%).

This works well in Seattle, USA. I have the same battery and the same Dash I have been using as a prototype here on my business trip in Stockholm for which I built this to demonstrate to business partners. The Dash no longer responds to my SMS requests.

I have tried the exact SMS number for the Dash that I’ve always had set for this Dash and that I was using in Seattle ( +12513337127 ). I have also tried variations of “001” “+” etc, to test if there is something I need to change about sending a text using my same phone now but from Stockholm.

I have removed the power from the Dash and re-powered it. I have ‘paused data’ in the Dashboard, waited 10 minutes, and resumed data service.

I have asked a friend to send the “Status?” incoming command from inside the U.S. from her cell. That has also worked in the past but now does not work. I tried this before changing the Dash device’s phone number.

I have deleted the U.S. phone number that originally belonged to the Dash and have now activated a new Swedish phone number. My own U.S. phone can successfully send an SMS to another Swedish cell phone number, while my U.S. phone is here in Sweden. However, I still cannot successfully get a response from the device by sending the SMS to it’s new Swedish number. My friend here in Sweden cannot get a response from generated from the Dash by sending an SMS from his Swedish phone. Both my friends Swedish phone and my U.S. phone have been tried as the ‘route receiving / out message’ number in the devices Route named “Remote Voltage” in the Dashboard.

I have used the “send SMS” function from inside the Dashboard. Nothing seems to get an SMS actually inbound to the Dash.

The purple colored sim data coverage map for the plan I’m currently on shows the U.S and also Sweden in the purple color, so I assume this sim has no problem itself.

Is there any way I can confirm if the Dash is really online with the cell network here in Sweden?

What should I try to get my Dash to receive my SMS originating here in Sweden?

Thank you

int analogInput = A1;
float vout = 0.0;
float vin = 0.0;
float percent = 0;
float R1 = 30000.0; //
float R2 = 7500.0; //
int value = 0;

void cloud_sms(const String &sender, const rtc_datetime_t &timestamp, const String &message) {
Serial.println(“CLOUD SMS RECEIVED:”);
Serial.print("SMS SENDER: ");
Serial.println(sender);
Serial.print("SMS TIMESTAMP: ");
Serial.println(timestamp);
Serial.println("SMS TEXT: ");
Serial.println(message);

if (message == “Status?”) {
HologramCloud.print("Ahoy! Polar Seal Battery Level = ");
HologramCloud.print(vin);
HologramCloud.print(“V “);
HologramCloud.print(percent);
HologramCloud.println(”%”);
HologramCloud.sendMessage();
}
Serial.println(“Leaving SMS handler…”);
}

void setup() {
pinMode(analogInput, INPUT);
Serial.begin(9600);
Serial.print(“DC VOLTMETER”);

Serial.begin();
HologramCloud.attachHandlerSMS(cloud_sms);
}

void loop() {
value = analogRead(analogInput);
vout = (value * 3.3) / 1024.0; // see text
vin = vout / (R2/(R1+R2));
percent = ((2-(14.0-vin)) / 2) * 100;

Serial.print("Battery Level = ");
Serial.print(vin);
Serial.print(“V “);
Serial.print(percent);
Serial.println(”%”);

Dash.deepSleepMin(1);

delay(1000);
}

Hello Mike,

Thanks for reaching out.

Could you please do the following to help us troubleshoot this:

1. Confirm that your SIM is active on the Hologram Dashboard. Paused or Inactive SIMs will not connect to the Web.
  2. Confirm that your SIM is correctly placed inside your Dash. Make sure the notch on your SIM matches the location of the notch on the print.
  3. Confirm that your device is receiving power by plugging it into your computer via the USB port and hitting the Dash’s PROG button. This should cause the LED to start blinking white.
  4. Confirm that you are running the newest version of the Arduino IDE, Dash Firmware, and Hologram board manager collection.
  5. Load the dash_repl_basic sketch onto your dash.
  6. Run the led on command to test the Hardware.
  7. Run the dash boot command to confirm you are using the latest version.
  8. Run the cloud version command to confirm you are using the latest version.
  9. Run the cloud iccid command to confirm communication with your SIM.
  10. Run the cloud signal command to confirm reception.
  11. Run the cloud send “test message” topic1 topic2 command to confirm communication with the Hologram Cloud.

This will help us get to the bottom of this.

Best,
Maiky

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.