Unlocking Simcards for IoT service in Turkey

Hey all, I got a question about simcard activation.

According to the Hologram coverage website, Turkey is supported(with all three carriers). I am using an NB-IoT Shield with hologram developer simcard. My AT+CREG result is 0; 2(Not registered, Searching) and AT+CPSI result is NO SERVICE: Online.

A friend of mine suggested that even though Hologram supports service in Turkey, I need to contact those carriers and unlock/activate my simcard explicitly. What are your suggestions? Thanks in advance.
Note: I am using Botletics SIM7000E shield.

Hello @cagrik,

I believe the issue here isn’t with the carriers, but with the NB-IoT network. Globally the NB roaming scenario isn’t fully standardized yet, so we have very few confirmed NB-IoT networks that we have access to and by the sound of it we don’t have access to the NB-IoT networks in Turkey. Have you tried using the board’s other radio access technologies?

A simple way to quickly debug this would be to insert your Hologram SIM into an unlocked phone as that likely has 2,3,and 4G access.

Best,
Maiky

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.