Problem running Dashupdater.exe on my platform

I’m developing a Dash in an Arduino 1.6.8 environment using Windows 10 Home, 32 bit version 1511, x64 Atom. It compiles fine but when I tried to upload, I get an error indicating “java.io.IOException: Cannot run program “C:\Users\bchung\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\konekt\tools\dashupdater\0.6.2/bin/dashupdater.exe”: CreateProcess error=216, This version of %1 is not compatible with the version of Windows you’re running. Check your computer’s system information and then contact the software publisher” If I try to run the dashupdater.exe outside the Arduino environment I get a similar error “This app cannot run on your PC. To find a version for your PC, check with the software publisher.”

Hmm, it probably doesn’t run on the atom processor. We’ll look into this. Are there other Arduino board packages that do work on your computer?

Yes, I’ve been using the Adafruit’s Huzzah ESP8266 WiFi BSP without any problems.

Ok thanks. I’ll take a look at how they’re handling the different CPU with their executables.

Hi Reuben,

I switched to different Windows system. It’s a Windows 7 Pro core i7… I’m able to upload my sketch via USB but not OTA. I get the following warnings after I put in the apikey and selected my board. And I get an upload completed dialog but the Dash is not updated.

Pushing firmware to device ID #31102
C:\Users\bchung\AppData\Local\Temp_MEI107762\requests\packages\urllib3\util\ssl_.py:315: SNIMissingWarning: An HTTPS request has been made, but the SNI (Subject Name Indication) extension to TLS is not available on this platform. This may cause the server to present an incorrect TLS certificate, which can cause validation failures. For more information, see Advanced Usage - urllib3 2.0.0a3 documentation.
Uploading
Firmware ID #142 created
Executing push to device
OTA update sent
C:\Users\bchung\AppData\Local\Temp_MEI107762\requests\packages\urllib3\util\ssl_.py:120: InsecurePlatformWarning: A true SSLContext object is not available. This prevents urllib3 from configuring SSL appropriately and may cause certain SSL connections to fail. For more information, see Advanced Usage - urllib3 2.0.0a3 documentation.
C:\Users\bchung\AppData\Local\Temp_MEI107762\requests\packages\urllib3\util\ssl_.py:120: InsecurePlatformWarning: A true SSLContext object is not available. This prevents urllib3 from configuring SSL appropriately and may cause certain SSL connections to fail. For more information, see Advanced Usage - urllib3 2.0.0a3 documentation.

Hi, it looks like the SSL packages weren’t stuck into the executable correctly. It runs well for me on Win 10. I’ll have to do some testing on Win7. It kind of looks like it still worked, just gave some warnings, but you said the update didn’t make it to the device?

Correct. It never updated.

We just ran a test and confirmed that those SSL messages are only warnings and that the update is making it to our cloud. You may want to retest doing an OTA update on your board. After plugging in the board, wait a few minutes for it to connect to the network and then push the update.

It’s working for us, but there is always the chance that something is weird with the cell network in your area. OTA currently works via SMS which occasionally has issues. We’re working on a TCP version to help make this more stable.