Dash not connecting to cell network.. I think..

Hi,

I have used cell modems in the past but I am new to the DASH. Having received two of them today, I put in the Hologram sim that I have had under a developer plan but I can’t seem to get this going. For kicks and giggles, I am loading the dash_repl_basic from the Ardunio IDE (Version 1.8.5 running on win10). The IDE said that I should upload new firmware to the DASH when it compiled (V 0.10.3)

Attaching putty to the usb serial port I get the following:

Dash>cloud status
Registered.
Dash>cloud signal
Signal Strength: 99
Dash>cloud send "hello world"
Sending message… Failed
Dash>

I can never seem to get this to work past this point. The sim does work in other embedded systems and I have tried two separate antennas.

Are there any further diagnostics I can do to fault find? :slight_smile:

Thanks in advance.

did you solve your problem? I have the feeling that I also have trouble connecting to the network from the beginning that I have a Dash. even 400 feet from the tower, I rarely manage to connect. I have more ease in the cities, but sometimes no connection.

Hiya,

Yes, I did thanks… I had used a hologram SIM in an Onion Omega (a bit like a headless PI) and changed some of the details in the SIM that I hadn’t thought would make a difference… but it did. I am using a different SIM card now, as I don’t have the time at the moment to go back and find out what I have changed… Works fine now.

Thanks for the reply. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.