Hologram SIM - NB-IoT not working

Hello,

I’m trying to connect my Arduino NB 1500, Wio LTE Cat M1/NB-IoT. However, no success (on both devices).
However with a non-Hologram SIM card everything works fine.
Any idea why I can’t connect with my Hologram SIM?

Thanks.
Guy

NB-IoT is not supported by Hologram at this time, you will only be able to connect to Cat-M1 networks with that device and a hologram simcard.

Checkout: LTE in UK - #2 by AndrewGifft

As a follow up what country are you in and which “non-Hologram SIM” are you using where you are able to connect.

I’m using in Belgium using an Orange SIM card.

According to: https://www.gsma.com/iot/deployment-map/#BE it looks like Orange does have LTE Cat-M1 in Belgium and per: Global IoT Coverage | Hologram Hologram does work with Orange in Belgiuim, now they dont explicitly list Cat-M1 as being supported (like they do in the US) but in many regions if LTE is supported, Cat-M1 is supported (unlike NB-IoT).

So you may be able to get on Orange’s Cat-M1 network with a Hologram sim but it is not explicitly supported.

I recently had contact with someone who works closely with Orange Belgium and he mentioned today the Orange Belgium network is NB-IoT only. Probably this will change (=LTE support) somewhere in the (near) future.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.