Nova R410M timeout sending Config-Requests and tty freeze

I appreciate the update and am glad that I am not alone. Honestly, I would not worry about the bulk device mode. I haven’t seen it on the old firmware when we have a solid connection, only when it was not configured properly for a while, or out of signal range for a while.

We can revisit if the bulk device issue isn’t solved after addressing the main issue that you also see.
Thanks again!

Hi, just wondering if there are any new updates on this?

Following up to see if anything is being worked on here?

Bump

No new updates currently, still waiting on UBlox to give us anything concrete

https://www.u-blox.com/en/docs/UBX-20033274

Is there any way this can be done faster? I was told to use this portal to get help, but its been now over 2 months since my first post. For an urgent issue.

I can’t integrate any modems with the new 05.08 firmware because they all exhibit this issue.
I am running out of stock of 05.06 modems for the meantime.

At the very least, could someone help me verify that I am not doing anything incorrectly?
Ideally you’d try to get Ublox to give a faster response, as this has been holding me up.

Additionally, according to zbelding’s link, there is now a new firmware update from ublox. 05.11.
Does hologram plan to update the nova-updater.py script to support updating to this firmware as well?
Thanks

No, we don’t create the firmware or the R410. The nova is just a breakout USB dongle for the R410M. Any issues with the firmware is entirely on UBlox to handle and we can’t set their priorities or the time table for their updates.

Yes and that was released on August 28th, 6 days ago and on a Friday. We too have our own priorities and roadmaps so we will get around to it when we can but understand that it might take longer than you hope for that to happen.

Sorry if this isn’t the response you were hoping for but I wanted to set a realistic expectation for how we devote engineering time. The modem updater is also open source so anyone is able to fork, update, and create pull requests should they want to expedite the process.

Totally fine about the latest firmware update. I only asked if you planned to update the tool for it, separate from the issue I’m seeing. Sorry, I am not trying to rush you. I understand that it is open source and that anyone can work on it but just wanted to know your plans.

I also understand that firmware updates are not in your control. I am not asking for you to expedite new firmware.

I originally created this ticket because I was seeking development help with the issue I saw and my hologram representative told me to post here. I haven’t had anyone work with me to help me confirm that I am following the right process for using the modem outside of the few things here.

I am guessing that if it isn’t a ublox firmware problem it is because I am not able to use the hologram sdk and my procedure may differ from what it does.

Do you know if with a raspberry pi in your standard setup the 05.08 firmware functions and doesn’t see this issue?

If it works with your standard setup, then I’d say it’s probably something that I am doing wrong and I would love help with that.
If it doesn’t work, then I’ll try the new firmware.
Would you be able to help me get easy flash from ublox so I can install it myself?
If that doesn’t work, then I’ll of course wait for ublox to address the issue in another firmware update.

I apologize if you thought I was asking you for anything that you aren’t in control of, but my hologram representative told me this is where to get help with developing my interface with the modem.

If there is a better place to go for that, on a faster time scale, please let me know and I will stop wasting your time here.

Thank you!

Edit:
Perhaps this portion of the firmware release is referring to the problem I have?

Hey Everyone,

I wanted to chime in here about the role of this Community in Hologram’s support system. This forum is meant for public discussions about projects you’re working on, getting help with something that is outside of the scope of Hologram support, discussing particular technical topics with other members of our community, and proposing changes to Hologram. While Hologram staff do keep tabs on the forum this is primarily meant to be a community driven space where users can get help and feedback from other users.

If you are ever directed to the Community by a member of Hologram’s staff it is likely because there is a specific post that is relevant to your question or because your question is not one that our staff can answer and therefore they ask that you share it with the community in hopes that someone else has had a similar issue and can help solve yours.

If you are looking for a quick and specific technical help and are not able to find it with Hologram’s support or in the forum then feel free to reach out to success@hologram.io and we will be happy to refer you to some of our 3rd party partners who can provide their consulting services to you.

Best,
Maiky

Thanks Maiky.
I was told this was a way to contact the engineers directly for support, which it seems is not entirely the purpose of this forum.

I’ll reach out to support for my development issue elsewhere, and keep an eye on this post for long term updates on the issue from ublox to you, sorry for the confusion.

The one question I still am curious on is if hologram has seen this issue with the 05.08 firmware on your standard raspberry pi setup?
Thanks in advance for this information

Hey @jgambino,

No problem. I just wanted to make sure that everyone’s expectations are being met.

As far as the issues you speak of, no we have not seen these on standard raspberry pi setups. We have several Nova + Pi boxes scattered around the world testing different networks and have not encountered these issues. We have also not received any reports of these issues in the past.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.