3/4G LTE Network with raspberry Pi 3b+

Hello,

I am having an issue with getting the raspberry Pi to work over 4G network so the pi can go anywhere. I am recieved data from the SIM7600X-4G-HAT i’m using: eg GPS data. However, on the raspberry pi, i am not connected to the 3/4G network.

Please could someone get back to me ASAP?

EDIT - UPDATE:

I have started off by using Minicom to check communitcations and that all seems good (“sudo minicom -D /dev/ttyS0 -b 115200”) and the hologram dashboard shows that it is connected and has internet.

So then I changed the APN settings to “hologram” in the “/etc/ppp/peers/rnet” file. Then turned on the ppp connection by “sudo pon rnet” and this all works fine and shows ppp0 in “ifconfig”.

However, when I try and ping a connection, for instance “ping google.com”, I get the error “Temporary failure in name resolution”. I checked the “/etc/resolv.cong” and there are nameservers but I’m not sure if they are correct. Am going about this the wrong way or am I’m missing a key step?

Many Thanks

Hey, to close the loop from some PMs on this one: was asking if you’re able to ping anything by IP just to make sure it’s just DNS that’s not working

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.