Advice on High Level Architecture

Hi, I’m new here. Just put in order for a Dash. I would like to ask about the best way to integrate the Dash with my current design.

I have a network of temperature, humidity and weight monitors that send data to a Raspberry Pi “System Recorder”. The Pi operates stand-alone “off-grid” as its own WiFi access point and also has the ability to connect to an upstream Access Point if available. Customers typically drive out to the System Recorder with their laptop to view the data. The Pi serves a single page web app for the user interface. Maximum capacity of the system
Sensors: 200
Reporting period: Every 10 minutes.
Sensor values: 4 bytes

I am about to start pushing data to an as yet undefined cloud database in those cases where the System Recorder has Internet Access and would like to use the Dash where the System Recorder does not. I want to run the same web app from the Internet as I do from the Pi.

What is the best way to connect the Pi to the Dash?
If I use Konekt Cloud do I need to set up Topic for each sensor, or one topic per System Recorder for a JSON structure?
Am I even close to asking the right questions?

Thanks,
Bob

Hey @Bob,

This sounds like a really neat project!

Firstly, take a look at the Konekt Dash Operations Manual for pinouts and whatnot.

Secondly, take a look at this thread, where we’re going to consolidate the discussion on using the Konekt Dash with the Raspberry Pi (RPi, RPi 2, etc.).

Thanks,
PFW