Any experience with Quectel_BC35-G & BC28 & BC95

Hi All - I have some experience with LoRaWAN but almost zero with nb-iot cellular stuff. I’m having trouble getting my device to connect. (Australia)

This is the device: https://www.dragino.com/downloads/downloads/NB-IoT/NSE01/NSE01%20NB-IoT%20Soil%20Moisture%20%26%20EC%20Sensor%20User%20Manual_V1.0.0.pdf

I’ve run a stack of commands from this document (https://www.dragino.com/downloads/downloads/datasheet/other_vendors/BC35-G/Quectel_BC35-G%26BC28%26BC95%20R2.0_AT_Commands_Manual_V1.4.pdf) with some success including setting the band to 28, I can manually set the APN etc and see signal strength data and some TX RX time data.

I don’t see the board on the ‘most commonly used hardware’ list unfortunately but I’m hoping that doesn’t mean it’s not possible to get working.

I’m basically out of my depth to get the device up and running and would love a hand. Am happy to pay if needed.
Thanks in advance. Rob.

Hey Rob - Did you get anywhere with this?

I am in the same boat at the moment. I do get comm’s but very unreliable.

Hi brendan

Nah. Ended up finally get Telstra (local telco) to respond and provide a local SIM. Works like a charm, no problems at all. Wasted a few weeks but onward and upwards. :slight_smile:

Cheers
Rob

Hi everyone,

Hologram’s coverage page has the most up-to-date information on the official countries and radio access technologies we have access to: Global IoT Coverage | Hologram.

The Quectel devices listed in this post are NB-IoT-only. Although we have observed users successfully connect to NB-IoT networks across the world, we do not have official NB-IoT support in Australia at this time.

Please let us know if you have additional questions. Happy to help!

Thanks Sara, that’d explain the issues hahaha.
Thanks for the clarification.
Rob

Hi Sara

How about in New Zealand? Does Hologram have any NB-IOT here?

Thanks
Brendan

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.