AT commands

Hi
I have a A6 Al-thinker gsm unit with which I want to use to send data .

I want to keep it simple so that I can interface it to a small uC ans RS232 I would like to keep the communications as simple as I can, setting it up and controlling it with AT commands but I’m not sure if this is possible? data will be less then 500 bytes at a time.

I could do with some help or pointers to what documents I should read so I can get my head around it. How to set up a tcp connection to the hologram cloud so at least I can see my data arriving somewhere? from which I can build on.

thanks in advance

Neil

Hey @Neil,

My advice would be to look at your modem’s documentation as they almost always include documents to get started with AT commands and their best practices for doing things like setting up TCP/UDP communication given that modem manufactures sometimes have proprietary AT commands to streamline certain operations.

Outside of that here is the hologram embedded API documentation which will show you how to set up communications with the Hologram Dashboard.

Best,
Maiky

I’ve been using that board and talking to it with AT commands quite successfully.
The documentation I used to work on this was (the link complains about SSL certificate but it is safe)
https://wiki.ai-thinker.com/_media/gprs/b000at00a0_gprs_series_module_at_instruction_set_v1.0.pdf

In this rather long but hopefully commented enough code you can find how I interact with that module
https://bitbucket.org/guolivar/odin-sd/src/23d60cf769e02a9ce034b5f70076d5e4b5ff6a0b/firmware/src/odin-sd.cpp?at=wemos-based&fileviewer=file-view-default
A word of caution though. I have found that sometimes the module “hangs” after a transmission error and it doesn’t recover until a power cycle so you need to be able to do a “hard reset” of the module if it’s taking too long to respond.

Good luck!

1 Like

hi, I’ve been trying to get an A6 thinker board to connect by having no luck at all. But this week I got a SIM800 board which connected with very little effort. I can now send data to the hologram cloud and start the tcp server on the sim800 and receive data back.

commands as follows
AT
AT+CGATT?
AT+CSTT=“HOLOGRAM”
AT+CIICR
AT+CIFSR
at+cipstart=“TCP”,“cloudsocket.hologram.io”,9999
AT+CIPSEND
{“k”:“XXXXXXXX”,“d”:“phone home”,“t”:“home”}
\0x1a

to run tcp server
at+cipserver=1,4010

I had a problem with the fact that some commands are case sensitive . at+cipstart needs the TCP to be caps and the {k,d,t} as part of the message needs to be lower case. but got there in the end.

next part of the project is to detect when the device has connected so I can send new commands to the device. look like I need to set up a spacebridge?

thanks for all the help and pointers.

best regards and a merry Christmas.

Neil

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.