Cannot receive SMS on cellphone

I am using an Arduino Uno and SIM7000A shield. The setup has been tested and is working, except I cannot receive SMS messages when sent from the Arduino Serial Monitor. I have tried entering the country code of 1 by itself and/or with a + in front. No luck. Used the S command to establish a pass though tunnel and AT+COPS=1,2,“310410” to use AT&T as the carrier. Still nothing.
I setup a Hologram Data Route to re-route the SMS. Sent myself a SMS from it to get the alternate phone number. Used that in the Serial Monitor and received SMS on my cellphone.
Stumped since all other features are working. Would rather not re-route since I am specific on the messages I would like to received via SMS. Thanks.

9/22/19:

Added Serial monitor data. 3 sections show results. X’s represent my phone number and IMEI.

Attempting to open comm with ATs
—> AT
<— OK
—> ATE0
<— OK
—> ATE0
<— OK
—> ATI
<— SIM7000A R1351

OK

---> AT+CPMS="SM","SM","SM"
<--- +CPMS: 0,10,0,10,0,10

FONA is OK
Found SIM7000A (American)
—> AT+GSN
<— xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Module IMEI: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
—> AT+CFUN=1
<— OK
—> AT+CGDCONT=1,“IP”,“hologram”
<— OK
—> AT+CBANDCFG=“CAT-M”,12
<— OK

FONA> 1
—> AT+CPSI?
<— +CPSI: LTE CAT-M1,Online,310-410,0x0D0E,205666321,190,EUTRAN-BAND12,5110,3,3,-16,-111,-77,8
—> AT+COPS?
<— +COPS: 1,0,“AT&T Hologram”,7

OK

FONA> s
Send to #1xxxxxxxxxx
Type out one-line message (140 char): 12345
—> AT+CMGF=1
<— OK
—> AT+CMGS=“1xxxxxxxxxx”
<— >

^Z
Sent!
FONA>

What carrier is the phone on? We’ve seen some carriers will sometimes block messages from M2M phone numbers.

My personal cell phone is Verizon, which is where I want the SMS messages to go. The SIM7000A setup is on AT&T.

Verizon does sometimes block these messages. You may need to reach out to them

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.