DIY 3D Holographic Autostereoscopic Screen

Hi guys,

Lately I’ve had a lot of time on my hand (thanks to the covid lockdown) and was hoping to build my own 3D holographic autostereoscopic screen for either my computer monitor or TV. I’m a total noob but I was inspired to build this after seeing the Looking Glass displays which allows for the shared VR experience without the need for a HMD (https://lookingglassfactory.com/product/).

I checked out some DIY explanations on building it, by attaching lenticular lenses on top of the monitor: Lenticular Display Tutorial by Keyon Vafa, but the problem is that they all appear very pixelated.

Is anyone else interested in building your own Autostereoscopic display?

Is there a way to build higher res 3D autostereoscopic screens similar to the Looking Glass? I’ve also heard that the dpi of the monitor need to align with the lenticular lens lpi? Any thoughts or advice on whether if this can be done? How did Looking Glass do it?

Sorry this is the forums for Hologram.io, an IoT company, not a forum related to holograms. Sounds like a cool project though

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.