Does the OTA update expire?

Hi all,

I have 20 Hologram dashs in the field that power up twice a day. I individually performed the OTA update from my desk and expected the update to be delivered as described in this post. To my surprise, all of those that were offline when I sent the update did not update later as I expected. So, my question are…

1. Do the OTA update requests have a time period for which that are good for?
  2. Will they be dropped if the SMS is not delivered in a certain period of time?
  3. If the device receives the SMS and doesn’t successfully update before it is shut down, will it remember to retrieve the update the next time it boots?
  4. Which Dash MCU controls the OTA update process: user or system?

Thanks!

Hey @nick.labiano,

Please see my answers to your questions below:

1. Do the OTA update requests have a time period for which that are good for?
    Yes, OTA updates are delivered via SMS messages which stay in queue until delivery for about 15 days. However this can change from carrier to carrier so its best to check if updates got delivered within 24 hours and if not to try again.

2. Will they be dropped if the SMS is not delivered in a certain period of time?
    Yes, if the SMS is not delivered the OTA update will not go through.

3. If the device receives the SMS and doesn’t successfully update before it is shut down, will it remember to retrieve the update the next time it boots? No

4. Which Dash MCU controls the OTA update process: user or system? The system MCU.

Thanks!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.