Failed to connect socket / Failed to write socket NovaR410M

Good morning!

I have been switiching over to using the socket connection using the message router Hologram provides rather than a PPP session because of the data usage. I have two Nova410’s and one NovaU201. I am using the same script on all three devices using the HologramCloud in the PythonSDK. On the two 410’s I can usually get like 12 hours of sending messages every 15 minutes before I start getting either Failed to connect socket or Failed to write socket exceptions. The U201 can almost go a month, but still not perfect. Once I reboot the pi, it is then able to send messages again. Is this an issue with the SDK/CLI not closing the socket? Or is this something else?

I also wanted to try sending a message to the cloudsocket.hologram.io server manually with AT commands when this is happening, but I am still learning those. It does still respond to AT commands when that is happening. If I could figure that out then I may go that route. We are a small start up so we were hoping the Nova paired with the SDK would be a slam dunk, but it may be worth it to send the AT commands ourselves via serial or whatever.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.