A new version of the firmware is available: https://www.u-blox.com/en/ubx-viewer/view/SARA-R410M-02B-03_PCN_UBX-20058104?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.u-blox.com%2Fsites%2Fdefault%2Ffiles%2FSARA-R410M-02B-03_PCN_UBX-20058104.pdf
Several things to note:
“Old modules, this means modules running previous firmware revisions (before than 05.12), can be upgraded to SARA-R410M-02B-03 firmware ONLY by using the u-blox EasyFlash tool. It is NOT possible to upgrade those modules over-the-air using FOTA or FOAT methods.”
CellLocate is listed as a new feature.
This firmware update went smooth on a Mikroe modem with direct USB connection.
- Install Qualcomm usb drivers
- Place “SARA-R410M-02B-03-L0.0.00.00.05.12_A.02.19_IP.dof” in same directory as EasyFlash.exe
- Plug modem into USB
- Open EasyFlash and push start
- Wait until it tells you to power on the modem
- Push board mounted pwr_on button
- Let it finish