Install Error

I am on a Varascite DART-6UL(ARM Cortex-A7) running Debian 8. The directed instructions didn’t work for me and pip wouldn’t upgrade, so I removed pip and used the easy-install method to install pip.Then I was able to ‘pip2 install hologram-python’ which resulted in a success type message. Then I tried ‘hologram send’ and found hologram looking in the wrong /lib/modules/directory, so I made a symlink to the proper directory from the improper targetname and almost was able to send a message. Here’s what I got:
root@imx6ul-var-dart:/home/nextek# hologram send “hey thar”
ERROR: Modem not detected
-but-
in another window, connected to the debug port, my terminal kinda indicates that it found a modem. It says:
usbcore: registered new interface driver usbserial
usbcore: registered new interface driver usbserial_generic
usbserial: USB Serial support registered for generic
usbcore: registered new interface driver option
usbserial: USB Serial support registered for GSM modem (1-port)

Does anyone know what this thing is doing or how to fix it?

All issues resolved by installing on top of Debian 9 instead of Debian 8. I doubt it had anything to do with Debian, but probably more to do with Varascite’s pixi-dust they used to get it to work on their SOM.

Regardless - if you’re using a Varascite SOM and having problems, this might be your fix too.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.