Nova R410 firmware update process

I am trying to update my Nova R410 firmware because of recommendations that is solves a number of connectivity issues.

The process I am following is found here:

When I run the command “sudo pip install -r requirements.txt” ,
it all runs well except for the very end I get this error message in red:

Collecting python-sdk-auth~=0.3.0 (from hologram-python~=0.9.0->-r requirements.txt (line 1))
Could not find a version that satisfies the requirement python-sdk-auth~=0.3.0 (from hologram-python~=0.9.0->-r requirements.txt (line 1)) (from versions: 0.1.2, 0.1.3, 0.1.5, 0.1.6, 0.1.7, 0.1.8, 0.2.0, 0.2.1, 0.2.2)
No matching distribution found for python-sdk-auth~=0.3.0 (from hologram-python~=0.9.0->-r requirements.txt (line 1))

Can someone help me with this issue (as you can guess, a real newbie to all of this)

You’re probably still on python2. We actually just bumped everything to python 3 yesterday but you can still do 2 if you want.
Do git checkout python2 and then run that command.

Thanks , but just verified I am running Python 3.2.3

you will need at least python 3.7 in order to run the updater

Wait…when I type:
python --version
Python 2.7.16
Python3 --version
Python 3.7.3

Not sure which version runs as default…is there a way to remove 2.7.16?

So it depends on the system you are running it on but most likely pip points to python 2 and pip3 points to python 3.

Yeah if python points to python2 then that’s your default. There are instructions online (something like this: https://linuxconfig.org/how-to-change-from-default-to-alternative-python-version-on-debian-linux) for switching the default pip and python commands to python 3 or you can use python 2.

Edit: In that link, the second section about the update alternatives command is probably what you want.

OK Updated to Python 3.7 and set 3.7 as my default using the procedure posted here:
https://raspberry-valley.azurewebsites.net/Python-Default-Version/#switching-default-python-versions

My result:

pi@raspberrypi:~ $ sudo update-alternatives --config python
There are 2 choices for the alternative python (providing /usr/bin/python).

Selection Path Priority Status

• 0 /usr/bin/python3.7 2 auto mode
    1 /usr/bin/python2.7 1 manual mode
    2 /usr/bin/python3.7 2 manual mode

Press to keep the current choice[*], or type selection number:

I was then able to run the update process (see top of this post) with no issues.

At the very end of the update process it printed:
Got version L0.0.00.00.05.08,A.02.04
Done

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.