Problem testing an Arduino sketch on Dash

Hello, just activated my Dash tonight.

I’m testing it with Arduino 1.6.5 on OSX El Capitan.

Whenever I try to compile the sample sketch from the docs, I get this error:

{runtime.tools.arm-none-eabi-gcc.path}/bin/arm-none-eabi-g++ -mcpu=cortex-m4 -mthumb -c -g -Os -w -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -fno-threadsafe-statics -nostdlib --param max-inline-insns-single=500 -fno-rtti -fno-exceptions -MMD -std=c99 -DARDUINO=10605 -DARDUINO_DASH -DARDUINO_ARCH_SAM -mfloat-abi=hard -mfpu=fpv4-sp-d16 -DFSL_OSA_BM_TIMER_CONFIG=2 -DCPU_MK22FN512VLH12 -I{runtime.tools.CMSIS.path}/CMSIS/Include/ -I/Users/tiegzaharia/Library/Arduino15/packages/konekt/hardware/sam/0.7.0/cores/arduino -I/Users/tiegzaharia/Library/Arduino15/packages/konekt/hardware/sam/0.7.0/variants/dash /var/folders/hr/16clf6ks5xdgt7p0qbxqlnq80000gn/T/build3110028152235373087.tmp/konekt_test.cpp -o /var/folders/hr/16clf6ks5xdgt7p0qbxqlnq80000gn/T/build3110028152235373087.tmp/konekt_test.cpp.o 
Cannot run program "{runtime.tools.arm-none-eabi-gcc.path}/bin/arm-none-eabi-g++" (in directory "."): error=2, No such file or directory

Hi,
I think you’re going to want to update to Arduino 1.6.7 and then use our Arduino Board Manager integration. This will make sure you have all the correct dependencies installed.
Take a look at https://content.konekt.io/tutorials/hardware/konekt-dash/getting-started/#programming-the-konekt-dash-using-the-arduino-ide for the instructions.

I just tested on Arduino 1.6.5 (with El Capitan), and there doesn’t seem to be any issues compiling/uploading with that particular version, when using our integrated board manager. But there have been a few bugs resolved in Arduino 1.6.7, related to the board manager, so we recommend upgrading.

Let us know if this error was seen using something other than our integrated board manager, which Reuben posted above.

Upgrading to 1.6.7 fixed it, thanks! I was using the board manager with 1.6.5 too, fwiw.

Ok great! :+1:

I have to admit, I didn’t do a full test of re-installing the Dash integration with 1.6.5. I simply downgraded Arduino on top of 1.6.7 and tested compiling. Perhaps it had to do with the board manager installation process.