Report OTA data to the Hologram cloud

Hi Ben, I am so glad you guys have the GPS sheild. We build about 50 of the dash w/ adafruit gps. That is a great addon. Quick quesh: I am using the Macchina M2 with Digi 3G and I am able to use the Hologram SIM, but I can get it to report OTA data to the Hologram cloud. I am able to send sms from the cloud to the device. Thoughts?

Reuben, I have the Hologram SIM on a Macchina M2 with Digi Xbee 3G modem. I am trying to get the OTA updates and inbound messages, but I can’t seem to make the connection to the hologram cloud. I CAN send sms from the hologram cloud and get a response. Thoughts?

Robert, I moved these two threads together, as they seemed a bit off topic for the other threads you were commenting on. Could you tell us a bit more about your OTA problem? You’re looking to have the device report back to the cloud once it’s been updated?

Also of note, the OTA is only available on Dash devices, so that’s clear. Read more about it here: https://hologram.io/docs/guide/dash/programming-and-firmware/

Also there are a range of other questions around OTA on the forum: Search results for 'OTA' - Hologram Support Community

Is it possible to send gps data to the hologram cloud?

Yes, this is definitely possible. You would want to send this as a normal message utilizing something like this tutorial shows: Hologram Dash Quickstart - Hackster.io

When you said “OTA” we normally refer to “Over The Air” to refer to our firmware update of devices. Does this mean you needed help sending data over cellular to an endpoint? Nothing to do with the firmware updating?

Correct. And thank you. I am trying to send gps nmea data from an M2 arduino to the hologram cloud with a Digi 3g Modem and a Hologram SIM card. The link you posted is to getting started with dash. I have built quite a few dash projects, but this is not a dash project.

Can you help me send data to my hologram dashboard?

M2_Hologram.zip (3.0 KB)

Chris,

After the thousands of $ I have spent with Hologram, I was hoping to get a better response.

Thanks

Hi Robert,

I’m sorry you’re having trouble getting your data online, we know that can be a struggle at the beginning. I saw your other thread you just started as well. Yesterday we were trying to make sure you weren’t confused about the OTA services, however, and we’re glad to hear we’re on the same page with regard to that. So it seems like you’re having trouble connecting and we’ll move over to that other thread.

Thank you!!!