"Route" no value sent to IFTTT

I’m trying this project for practice:

but IFTTT receive no data at all in activity log: Value 1 is empty but it get triggered. So the sheet only get date and topic nothing else.

Maybe data entry on hologram “simulate message from device” should be written in a different way?

tried with slack and it works well but Ifttt is what I whish to use so all hints is welcome!
edit:Is it possible the old “Maker” service from ifttt replaced by “webhook” have something to do with this?

deleted my ifttt account and then recreated again and getting same problem again. regenerated webhook key until I get a clear non underscore_ key but the only thing that works is to trigger ifttt.
here is my raw file from holo cloud. I changed and added # to the informations that seemed to me personal:
{“success”:true,“limit”:1,“size”:9,“data”:{“id”:2193584,“logged”:“2018-02-11 19:49:17.042323”,“orgid”:13556,“deviceid”:151606,“record_id”:“a##-0##-#8-#8b-#02”,“device_metadata”:"{}",“data”:"{“received”: “2018-02-11T19:49:16+00:00”, “authtype”: “deviceid”, “tags”: [“RESTAPI”, “door”, “DEVICE_151606”], “device_name”: “Simdev”, “source”: 151606, “record_id”: “a##2-0#-#9b-0#2”, “data”: “Y2hpY2Fnbw==”, “device_id”: 151606}",“matched_rules”:[{“ruleid”:2105,“error”:false,“result_data”:""}],“tags”:[“DEVICE_151606”,“door”,“RESTAPI”]}}

decoded: Y2hpY2Fnbw== is chicago

as the tutorial says, I only entered chicago to data field on simulate message + correct route topic

Hi Titus,

I have the same problem and cannot figure out how to resolve ist. :frowning:

Hi,

it seems that the Hologram “IFTTT Maker Webhook” does not send the data correctly.

If I use the curl for example:
curl -X POST -H "Content-Type: application/json" -d '{"value1":"1","value2":"2","value3":"3"}' https://maker.ifttt.com/trigger/<eventid>/with/key/<key>

Every thing works correct.

Even hologram triggers the IFTTT Hook, I assume that the body does not contain the data, or the data has a wrong format.

But there is a workaround. You can use the hologram “Advanced Webhook Builder” insted of the IFTTT Hook.

As Destination URL use:
https://maker.ifttt.com/trigger/<eventId>/with/key/<key>

Payload:
{ "value1" : "<<decdata>>"}

Headers:
Key: Content-Type
Value: application/json

Regards,
Martin

Hi we’ll try to dig into this very soon and see why it’s no longer working

Thanks. As a workaround, the “Advanced Webhook Builder” does the job. :slight_smile:

LOL:

I can not reply because I am a new user. So I follow the suggenstion and edit previous post…
This is the answer of the Question from @Reuben:

Q:
It looks like the IFTTT webhook URLs have totally changed. When I generate a webhook now there is only a single component instead of the separate event and key. Are you seeing this as well?

A:

The Event ID and Key are portions of the URL. The Body contains only the values. I don’t know if there was an other implementation.

The URL cannot be changed, because only the data (values) are missing, if I use the Hologram implementation.

It looks like the IFTTT webhook URLs have totally changed. When I generate a webhook now there is only a single component instead of the separate event and key. Are you seeing this as well?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.