SARA R410M-02B set up

Hi,

I need to do some tweaking to the Nova hardware. I obtained the gerbers and produced a couple of prototypes which are intended to be exact duplicates of the Nova. Once the exact duplicates work, I’ll begin the tweaking. So, now I have, in hand, a working Nova and and a Prototype (copy).

When I plug the Proto into a USB port on a Linux machine and load the drivers I do see the Proto as I would expect (/dev/ttyUSB0, /dev/ttyUSB2, /dev/ttyUSB3)

After configuring the appropriate GPIO pin I see the blue LED light when the Proto gets power.

Using the Linux utility ‘screen,’ I can open /dev/ttyUSB2 and send AT commands and view the responses.

Many commands work correctly, like these:

ATZ;Q0;E1
AT+UMNOPROF?
AT+UMNOPROF=3
AT+GSN
AT+CCID
AT+COPS?
AT+COPS=2
AT+CREG?

However, these commands,

AT+URAT?
AT+URAT=7
AT+URAT=?

all return:

+CME ERROR: Operation not supported

Any thoughts on what could be wrong will be greatly appreciated.

-Matt

On the latest firmware, some MNO profiles selected with UMNOPROF don’t allow for changing the RAT anymore. You might just be hitting that.

Hi, thanks for the info. That seems problematic. If I can’t set or read the RAT then how can I know what it is doing? Any thoughts?

By the way, the device reports:

Model: SARA-R410M-02B Firmware: L0.0.00.00.05.08 [Apr 17 2019 19:34:02]

Take a look at appendix B.5 in the UBlox R4 AT Command manual. Basically the different MNO Profiles are now locked more to what that carrier actually supports. URAT never reported what the connection was actually using anyway, just what was allowed.

Ah, now I understand. No practical need for URAT command. Thanks very much for the info.

Also, I don’t want to step on anyone’s toes, so let me ask: is it okay, on this formum, to begin a discussion about the modifications to Nova we are making? These modification may be useful to others in the community, however, I don’t want to be in conflict with Hologram. Please advise.

No problem at all. It’s an open source design. If a mod seems really helpful we may even want to incorporate it into a future rev.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.