I am not sure how to setup the webhook for this. Has anyone done this before? Can you provide some tips. Thanks.
I can make IFTTT work by having it send an SMS Message, but there is a limit of 100 SMS Messages by IFTTT, so that is not a long term option.
I think I need to make Webhooks work. Does anyone have any experience with this?
Hi @Bart_Dring and sorry for the delay.
Sending an inbound message from IFTTT to the dash is a great use case.
- Create a Dash sketch which listens to a particular port and handles incoming messages
- Opening a port: https://hologram.io/docs/reference/dash/api/#hologramcloud-listen-port-
- Attaching an incoming message handler: https://hologram.io/docs/reference/dash/api/#hologramcloud-attachhandlerinbound-callback-
- Create an IFTTT Applet.
- IF: can be any trigger you want
- THEN: select the Maker Action
- In the Maker Action use Hologram’s Message-to-Device API Endpoint
- Docs: https://hologram.io/docs/reference/cloud/http/#/reference/hologram-cloud/cloud-to-device-messaging/send-message-to-a-device
- Protocol: TCP
- Port: the port you set in the sketch
Hope these steps and docs help. Let me know if you’d like a more detailed example.
Thanks for the reply.
I want to send a single character to the Dash. I can successfully do it using “via Cloud Data” in the dashboard using
TCP and port 6666.
These are my action settings in IFTTT
Action: Maker Webhook
Field Label…Content Type…application/json
111111 is replaced with my 6 digit device ID found in dashboard.
IFTTT says the Applet Failed when triggered.
Make sure to append your API key to the URL