SIM Issues when setting up a GPS tracking device

I recently purchased a small GPS tracker, but I am having trouble getting it to work with the Hologram SIM. I can’t get it to respond at all. The instructions aren’t the best, but I was hoping it was an APN/MCC/MNC issue that I am simply getting wrong.

Here is a copy of the instructions that I am following to set the device up (The table shows setup command examples):
http://i.imgur.com/MXXxBAi.png

I am currently situated in Norfolk, United Kingdom. What should I be using for APN name and MCC/MNC, because after testing a few I just can’t get it to work!

Thanks in advance for any help!

Try APN of hologram

Were you ever able to get this to work ? Trying with the same device I think and all I get is the blue blinking dot :frowning:

Setting the APN to hologram should be all you need to do. Since they are pretty cheap I’ll order one for the office to verify.

yeah I cant get it to work, might just be the device. Did you have any luck ?

Similar issue with another GPS tracking device. I’m able to send SMS messages to the device and it responds, but it appears gprs is not connected. Apn is set to hologram

I tried a sim from speedtalk mobile and it is working fine… for hologram I can send SMS and get results but cannot figure out the correct APNS settings. What is the MCC/MNC numbers and apn username/password?

thanks!

Hi, any updates on this? I’m having the same issue with an OBDII GPS Tracker. I’ve set the sim APN to “hologram” but I’m unable to make use of any data services.

Hello, I am also having the same APN issue using hologram for the APN is not working (or no GPRS working status). My device is the pretty popular RF-V16 GPS Tracker from reachfar in China. Hopping there is some headway on this thread.

Hi Everyone, any resolutions for this?

I just went through this same issue with a Que Click GL300. I was able to send/receive SMS to the device but no data. The issue was coverage. Try setting up the device in an area where you know there is strong data coverage. I have great 3G/4G service on my cell phone but the Hologram SIM does not work for data in that same coverage area. Also as above, make sure APN is set to hologram. The same SIM work with data coverage in a 4G device no problem. The GPS tracker I am currently using is 3G.