SIM7080G not finding any networks

Hello, I recently moved from SIM800L to SIM7080G because this supports networks over 2G. I was able to use my SIM800L and hologram SIM Card to register in the network but now I need to be able to connect to networks above 2G thus I got a SIM7080G, I am using the same SIM Card but I haven’t been able to get the SIM7080G to find any networks.

This is what I tried in the SIM7080G, can anyone help?

at
OK
AT+CSQ
+CSQ: 99,99

OK
AT+CPIN?
+CPIN: READY

OK
AT+CNMP=38
OK
AT+CMNB=2
OK
AT+CSQ
+CSQ: 99,99

OK
AT+CGREG?
+CGREG: 0,2

OK
AT+CGNAPN
+CGNAPN: 0,""

OK
AT+CPSI?
+CPSI: NO SERVICE,Online

OK
AT+CNACT=0,1
OK

+APP PDP: 0,DEACTIVE
AT+CNACT?
+CNACT: 0,0,“0.0.0.0”
+CNACT: 1,0,“0.0.0.0”
+CNACT: 2,0,“0.0.0.0”
+CNACT: 3,0,“0.0.0.0”

OK

CSQ of 99,99 suggests bad antenna, or bad antenna connector, etc…

Hmmm…maybe try this: AT+CFUN?

Should get a “1” back. If so, check out antenna, etc…

If you get back something else other than 1, then enter: AT+CFUN=1

Then try again to connect.

Depending on the setting, that CFUN can turn off both transmit and receive circuits. The “1” turns them back on.

This is what i put together for ftp using an sim7000A, it hopefully will be a similar process to your sim7080G.
If you aren’t using ftp you only need to go as far as AT+SAPBR=1,1 which opens a TCPIP tunnel for data communications.

AT+CPIN? //Check for sim card ready status

AT+CGDCONT=1,“IP”,“” //configure ip address connection type

AT+CSQ //Check signal strength

AT+CGATT? //Check attachment

AT+CGNAPN //Checks if the cell tower provided APN settings for the provider (sim card owner ie hologram.io)

AT+COPS? //Check what operator we are connected to (confirms connection to provider/sim card owner ie hologram.io)

AT+CNACT=1 //Opens PDP connection (provides ip address)

AT+CNACT? //Confirms PDP connection by revealing current ip address

AT+SAPBR=1,1 //Opens a IP tunnel inside the sim7000, allows FTP use

AT+SAPBR=2,1 //Confirms open tunnel by showing current ip address

AT+FTPCID=1 //Sets FTP configuration to bearer 1.

AT+FTPSERV=“FTPSERVER” //ftp server

AT+FTPUN=“username” //FTP username

AT+FTPPW=“password” //FTP password

AT+FTPPUTNAME=“test.txt” //name of file

AT+FTPPUTPATH=“/” //path of file

AT+FTPPUT=1 //Attempts to connect to the FTP server, Must wait for response, example: +FTPPUT: 1,1,1360 The last number is how many bytes you can send in one upload.

AT+FTPPUT=2,10 //Send 10 bytes of data

1234567890 //The data. no return, will automatically stop after 10 bytes are received

AT+FTPPUT=2,0 //Close connection to FTP server

AT+SAPBR=0,1 // Close bearer

Dear CptClutch,

I have a device that streaming data via UART. I need to open pipe to the remote server via UDP, and stream the data transparently what’s came in to send as is directly, smoothly without any process, like two wires link Rx,Tx to the remote server.

FTP is not the right solution, if I miss some data in way not much critical, UDP looks best way to do it

Thank you

It’s obvious that the 7080G module from SIMCOM is having issues. I originally started with a T-Mobile NB-IOT sim card from another company that starts with TW. Never could get connected despite TM’s coverage map showing my entire town was 100% covered. Said company at TW had zero ideas as well.

So I did the reasonable thing and switched to the WORLD WIDE LEADER IN SPORT>…SORRY I MEAN WORLD WIDE LEADER IN IOT SIM COVERAGE === Hologram.

Full Disclosure I am new to SIM modules. But alas, here I am with the same problems as the folks above me who cannot connect to Hologram w/ their 7080G modules. Any luck from others?