SMS messages not arriving

I have a Dash that does only gets a few SMS messages and then stops. A couple of notes, it works well after first power up. SMS messages from the Hologram cloud show up. Messages from my iPhone show up right after powering up, the first few. After this, only messages from the cloud arrive. When I send from IFTTT or my iPhone they do not arrive. Also, the hologram console does not show them arriving. Not sure if this number is routed via their cloud? Here is a message from my phone to the dash.

func:idleProcess
@ 2018/02/10,07:58:55

Then later from the cloud

@ 2018/02/10,08:30:39
fun:idleProcess

Now, no more message from the phone will arrive. Working in an Arduino environment.

This is unit is powered off of USB, there is one switch and one LED on a bread board so I don’t believe this to a load/power issue. And, power it off and on and it will work again. The code is running, SMS hook seems to be intact since the cloud can send a msg to the device but sms from outside device don’t arrive after a few have come it, or time – not really sure which.

Thoughts?

matt

A bit more data. Added a signal check so…
Signal Strength: 11
@ 2018/02/10,08:54:11
toUpperMsg JUNK TEST MESSAGE

Of note, when I updated the code to add signal strength to the idle process after the download no text arrived. So, I power cycled the unit and it came up fine. I looks like the modem stay connected over a firmware update which is fine but I would assume a firmware update would reset more of the system.

I am not sure what gets the system into the state that it won’t receive…

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.