SMS messages with non alphanumeric characters are ignored

Just noticed and duplicated with your hologram_dash_cloud sketch that message sent with non alphanumeric characters are not received. For example, if I send “temp”, this is received fine. If I send, “temp’s”, no message is echoed back. Is this intended?

We’re looking at this and will try to get back to you within 24 hours

Hi, I’ve been testing this out this morning and I can’t seem to reproduce. I just sent the SMS testing's to my board running the hologram_dash_cloud example sketch that’s in the latest version of our IDE integration and it was properly sent to our cloud.

Is there anything I’m missing here?

Rubin,

Here’s my screen…

And why are you working on Sunday!

Heh, just a boring Sunday and very committed to Hologram :slight_smile:

I see what’s going on here. Our SMS integration with the cellular carriers only supports ASCII characters right now and the apostrophe that you’re using is the UTF-8 apostrophe and not the normal ASCII apostrophe. I don’t have an iPhone so I can’t offer much advice here but there might be a different apostrophe symbol on the keyboard that you can use instead.

We are working with our carrier partners on getting better UTF-8 support built in and so hopefully this problem will go away soon anyway.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.