Spacebridge ssh tunneling: ssh_exchange_identification: Connection closed by remote host

I’m trying to create the ssh tunnel using Spacebridge, after following the steps I Recieve the following error:

OpenSSH_7.6p1 Ubuntu-4, OpenSSL 1.0.2n 7 Dec 2017
debug1: Reading configuration data /etc/ssh/ssh_config
debug1: /etc/ssh/ssh_config line 19: Applying options for *
debug1: Connecting to 127.0.0.1 [127.0.0.1] port 5000.
debug1: Connection established.
debug1: key_load_public: No such file or directory
debug1: identity file /home/kali/.ssh/id_rsa type -1
debug1: identity file /home/kali/.ssh/id_rsa-cert type -1
debug1: identity file /home/kali/.ssh/id_dsa type -1
debug1: identity file /home/kali/.ssh/id_dsa-cert type -1
debug1: identity file /home/kali/.ssh/id_ecdsa type -1
debug1: identity file /home/kali/.ssh/id_ecdsa-cert type -1
debug1: identity file /home/kali/.ssh/id_ed25519 type -1
debug1: identity file /home/kalipour/.ssh/id_ed25519-cert type -1
debug1: Local version string SSH-2.0-OpenSSH_7.6p1 Ubuntu-4
ssh_exchange_identification: Connection closed by remote host

I believe the problem is that the PPP modem is not on the receiving end, here is the result for ip route:

default via 10.42.0.1 dev eth0 proto static metric 100
10.42.0.0/24 dev eth0 proto kernel scope link src 10.42.0.2 metric 100
169.254.0.0/16 dev l4tbr0 scope link metric 1000 linkdown
172.17.0.0/16 dev docker0 proto kernel scope link src 172.17.0.1 linkdown
192.168.55.0/24 dev l4tbr0 proto kernel scope link src 192.168.55.1 linkdown

(the device is currently connected to a local ethernet network)

In my experience your remote device must still, first, create a PPP connection before tunneling with SpaceBridge will work. Did you do this?

Thanks for your reply Blake.
I’m not sure how I should create and configure a PPP connection on the device to properly connect to my Hologram modem. Is there an online instruction for it? I’m using a Jetson carrier.
Besides, I’d like to have ssh available on a Wifi hotspot I have running on the device, is it possible to have both PPP connection and wifi-hotspot connection listen to ssh calls?

When I am using a Pi + NovaM modem, I am able to ssh through both the wifi local connection and the cellular connection at the same time. In fact, I can have two terminals on my laptop open at the same time, one ssh’d into the Pi over wifi, and another ssh’d into the same device over cellular through the modem.

I know nothing of the Jetson carrier board. On a Raspberry Pi, to open a PPP connection, sudo hologram network connect -v on your device at the command line. Obviously you need to make sure you’ve installed hologram’s CLI and CDK tools.

You can see my thread here:
https://community.hologram.io/t/a-simple-out-of-the-box-approach-to-file-transfer-with-novam-solved/2663
where I outline the entire process of using SpaceBridge to create a PPP connection in fairly laymen’s terms. I end up using winSCP to remotely connect over wifi, which is secure copy protocol, based on ssh, to do file transfers between device and laptop. You could substitute this program for PuTTy, OpenSSH, or whatever.

I’d take everything I say with a grain of salt as I’ve only been using the Nova two weeks. Everything I’m telling you could be wrong, and I have my own technical questions about the process that are yet to be resolved.

Did you resolve your problem in your other thread?:
https://community.hologram.io/t/novam-r404-usb-modem-on-jetson-carrier-error-unable-to-detect-a-usable-serial-port/2665

You did not respond, and these seem like related issues…

If you did find a solution to your issue, please post it so other in the future can learn from what you’re doing.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.