Spain data speed

Dear Community,

I am new in the Hologram community and I have a Hologram Industrial SIM with the Makers plan. I am making some test to validate whether using hologram would work to send some data of some air quality stations packs.

To upload the data I mainly use HTTP protocol and the hardware is a Raspberry Pi with Waveshare SIM 7000E pHat. It supports 2G as well as NB-IoT, eMTC and LTE Cat-M1 technologies.

However, the data upload/download speeds I get are very slow:

Download: 0.11 Mbit/s
Upload: 0.22 Mbit/s

The carrier I am registered in is “Hologram Orange”, here you have more information if useful:

AT
OK
AT+COPS=?
+COPS: (2,“Orange”,“Orange”,“21403”,0),(1,“214 03”,“214 03”)

OK

AT+COPS?
+COPS: 0,0,“Orange Hologram”,0

What I need to know is if it’s feasible to achieve faster download/upload speeds using the Waveshare and Hologram platform.

I have read in some other posts that the LTE Cat-M1 is not fully spread in Spain, so that might be a possible reason.

Thanks in advance.

Yes you are on the 2G network (the 0 at the end of your COPS command means GSM / 2G).

Your speeds are consistent with 2G so I would not expect better until LTE-M1 becomes available.

Hi, thank you for your reply.

I have changed the antenna of the Waveshare modem with another with better gain. Now, when I scan the available network I get a different answer:

AT+COPS=?
+COPS: (1,“214 03”,“214 03”,“21403”,7),(2,“Orange”,“Orange”,"2)

I don’t know of that networks are better than simple GMS, if not I will need to look for another modem that uses 3g/4g available here.

Thanks a lot.