Spain data speed

Dear Community,

I am new in the Hologram community and I have a Hologram Industrial SIM with the Makers plan. I am making some test to validate whether using hologram would work to send some data of some air quality stations packs.

To upload the data I mainly use HTTP protocol and the hardware is a Raspberry Pi with Waveshare SIM 7000E pHat. It supports 2G as well as NB-IoT, eMTC and LTE Cat-M1 technologies.

However, the data upload/download speeds I get are very slow:

Download: 0.11 Mbit/s
Upload: 0.22 Mbit/s

The carrier I am registered in is “Hologram Orange”, here you have more information if useful:

AT
OK
AT+COPS=?
+COPS: (2,“Orange”,“Orange”,“21403”,0),(1,“214 03”,“214 03”)

OK

AT+COPS?
+COPS: 0,0,“Orange Hologram”,0

What I need to know is if it’s feasible to achieve faster download/upload speeds using the Waveshare and Hologram platform.

I have read in some other posts that the LTE Cat-M1 is not fully spread in Spain, so that might be a possible reason.

Thanks in advance.

Yes you are on the 2G network (the 0 at the end of your COPS command means GSM / 2G).

Your speeds are consistent with 2G so I would not expect better until LTE-M1 becomes available.

Hi, thank you for your reply.

I have changed the antenna of the Waveshare modem with another with better gain. Now, when I scan the available network I get a different answer:

AT+COPS=?
+COPS: (1,“214 03”,“214 03”,“21403”,7),(2,“Orange”,“Orange”,"2)

I don’t know of that networks are better than simple GMS, if not I will need to look for another modem that uses 3g/4g available here.

Thanks a lot.

With the growing volumes of the world trade, the pressures of cost and safety are growing too. Transportation delays, lost, stolen or tampered cargo, as well as human errors, are all impeding shipments at a global scale. Now, IoT has come to redefine how the transportation and logistics (T&L) industry copes with its risks and challenges.