Swap Sim Car

Is there a way to replace a SIM card, My SIM is defective I have a new one, how can I swap out the sim, or if not how do I Deactivate the sim I only see pause?

I think you have to email hologram at success@hologram.io to deactivate a sim. Remember deactivation is permanent.

That being said, I would work with Hologram first to figure out why your sim is defective, they should be pretty bullet proof.

I’m new to Hologram, so I can’t speak to the reliability or life-expectancy of Hologram SIMs, but my experience with other SIMs is that failures are not unusual. I’ll also add that each time the supplier of a failed SIM asked me send it in for them to, “take a look,” I never got any explanation.

SIMs do not last forever. I’ll also mention that most providers offer SIMs in two flavors: “commercial” and “industrial” with industrial SIMs having a life expectancy 5 - 10 times longer and, supposedly, able to operate reliably in harsher environments. I have generally used commercial SIMs because the industrial cost 3-5 times as much. However, I have one customer with 30 devices for which a bunch of SIMs failed. I replaced them with industrial SIMs and haven’t had any more failures, but the number of SIMs replaced was small so I can’t draw any conclusions.

As @AndrewGifft suggests, return the SIM to Hologram if they’re willing to try to figure out why it failed. I would not expect them to discover anything, but it can’t hurt to let them try.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.