TCP API - Socket Timeout

I am using the TCP API to send commands to a device and get responses. Some of the commands require some processing time that exceeds the socket timeout of what appears to be ~10 seconds. Any way I can keep the socket alive while I process the response data to keep things synchronous?

I use the PPP connection over TCP with my own web server. I have not found the socket to time out. You can specify the time out parameters when you create the socket by default they are minutes. What I have found is something completely different. That is the network dumps the connection or if you use any of the functions like modem signal; the connection is dropped. I wrote a cron function that looks to see if the PPP connection was dropped and reestablishes the connection. I log all re-connections. And found that it is a few times a month. My connections are 24/7. I would verify what is causing the socket time out.

I am referring to the hologram TCP/UDP connection to my device. I don’t have direct control over that socket timeout.

Hey @superpanda,

What exactly are you referring to when you say TCP API and the Hologram TCP/UDP connection. Just want to make sure we’re on the same page.

Best,
Maiky

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.