Unable to load sketch onto Dash Pro (com port fine)

Following the Quick Start (Hologram Dash Quickstart - Hackster.io), I’ve connected via the Serial Monitor and watched it get through all steps (including connect to network) and then go to passthru serial.

Loading the board manager’s Dash Pro (and tried Dash Pro Beta since it was a Kickstarter), none of those allow the hologram_dash_cloud to upload. This is what I’m getting… thoughts? Thanks, Jim

Sketch uses 41100 bytes (5%) of program storage space. Maximum is 719872 bytes.
java.lang.NullPointerException
at cc.arduino.packages.uploaders.SerialUploader.uploadUsingProgrammer(SerialUploader.java:314)
at cc.arduino.packages.uploaders.SerialUploader.uploadUsingPreferences(SerialUploader.java:89)
at cc.arduino.UploaderUtils.upload(UploaderUtils.java:78)
at processing.app.SketchController.upload(SketchController.java:713)
at processing.app.SketchController.exportApplet(SketchController.java:686)
at processing.app.Editor$DefaultExportHandler.run(Editor.java:2168)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

Make sure you picked the right programmer (hologram USB) from the menu. (Separate option from board type)
Also you probably don’t have the beta board so regular pro option should be good.

Thank you - totally helped.

Now I can’t find a good schematic that shows where a PROG button should be (really don’t think it’s there at all, and wondering if I have to switch a jumper).

UPDATE: Found it! Wow SMALL switches :slight_smile:

thanks again

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.