Will Hologram API work in docker containers?

I moved code I had running on a debian:stretch-slim raspberry pi over to a Synology DS 1618+ Docker Container and there are some issues. The first issue is the most troublesome.

Details:
The API will work fine about 50% of the time but I regularly get these errors (which I never received before)
serial.serialutil.SerialException: device reports readiness to read but returned no data
starting from:
Hologram/CustomCloud.py", line 35, in __init__ network=network)
I have a cron that looks for SMS to open spacebridge and start sshd in the container. When this happens from cron, it closes a current spacebridge connection.

In case you’re wondering why I want to do this…
I have a client who wants to put a lot of these servers in different offices and I’d like a back-door to manage thru spacebridge. This way the server does not have ssh and not accessible thru the internet. I want to run in docker (for obvious reasons like I don’t want my code overrun from system updates.) If that doesn’t work, I can try virtualization but docker is a lot less overhead.

I think I’ll look at a different cellular solution since there’s no answer here.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.