Xbee LTE-M/NB-IoT Notes

I have been testing the XBee LTE-M/NB-IoT modem. I was not able to get the device to send messages to the hologram. I was using the API interface to try to send a message to cloudsocket.hologram.io:9999. The modem would attempt to send, then time out with the error “No Server”.
After seeing a message here from @Steven I went through the work to update the modem to the latest version. It required both firmware and a modem firmware update. It took about 45 minutes to do the update.
After the update, it worked perfectly.

I just wanted to post in case anyone else has the same problem. :wink:

Glad I could could help give you a directions. I really like the xbee. It’s a slick little device, well documented, and the XCTU tool is very helpful in testing communications and responses before I write the software. I’m working with the ESP32 to build mult threaded communications using API mode.

It is a nice modem, I love the form factor. I am on the fence on weather to use in my product. It doesn’t support PPP interface on UART, only USB. I would need to decide if I just want to stick with the API interface. If I use Nimbelink modem I can use PPP and give me more flexibility.

However, I have a few other applications the it might be a good fit and I can do everything in MicroPython.

Either way real happy with Hologram. I am in the process of moving away from Particle hardware due to their push to move everyone onto their Cellular plan.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.