Everyone receives texts from SIM7070G except for two people

I have my Waveshare SIM7070G set up with the hologram plan/sim card, and I was able to use it to text everyone except for a friend on a Cellcom plan in northern Wisconsin (less known service), and another in northern Wisconsin using Verizon.

I read this post: https://support.hologram.io/hc/en-us/articles/360041243253-My-cellphone-is-not-receiving-SMS-messages-from-my-Hologram-SIM?auth_token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJhY2NvdW50X2lkIjo5NDI2MTY2LCJ1c2VyX2lkIjpudWxsLCJ0aWNrZXRfaWQiOjE0MzExOCwiZGVmbGVjdGlvbl9pZCI6MzYwNjgzMjI2NzUzLCJhcnRpY2xlcyI6WzM2MDA0MTI0MzI1MywzNjAwNTAxOTU1MzMsMzYwMDQ5OTY1MTkzXSwidG9rZW4iOm51bGwsImV4cCI6MTYxNzAzODIzMH0.qo_dt3hHULbe-OE72f0eAuZz8h-MkJbxmWnbXNV9riE

My friend called Cellcom and he said that on their end they weren’t blocking any texts because they just plain were not receiving texts at all. What could be the situation here?

We have seen a similar thing, with the same device type (Qualtel modems), on both AT&T and T-Mobile, that some devices receive text messages and others never receive text messages. Working with Hologram I can take a SIM out of a device that doesn’t receive SMSs, put it in a cell phone, and it receives the text messages, so Hologram says it isn’t them and wash their hands and say it’s a device problem. I understand their logic, but why would devices, running the same firmware and modem, have this difference in receiving SMSs?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.