LTE NB-IoT in Vodafone Spain

Hi, Vodafone is the only carrier that provides commercial NB-IoT in Spain right now. For this reason, I would like to know whether the Hologram SIM cards are able to attach to it. Thank you!

Hey @MariusG

Global roaming scenarios for Cat-M1 and NB-IoT are still not fully worked out so we have yet to confirm our Cat-M1/NB-IoT access in certain countries like Spain. The way access to these networks is shaping out for the moment is that some carriers are only allowing their own SIMs to use them, while other carriers are simply extending roaming to all devices in their network. Since this is all informal until the roaming agreements are worked out we don’t have a good way of determining what Cat-M1/NB-IoT networks we have access to until we get confirmation from onsite tests by our engineers or users who tell us they are able to access the networks. Therefore, I can’t tell you if we have NB-IoT access in Spain, but would encourage you try it if you can.

If you’d like to give it a try you can get a free Hologram SIM card from our online store and use our Pilot Plan to get a free MB of data each month.

Best,
Maiky

I have one of those Pilot Plan and I am trying to connect with my own hardware that mounts a SARA N2. I am not able to make it. Is there any news regarding this? Do you know if we would get access any time soon? I might be doing something wrong. Is there any user that could connect?

This is the reject_cause received when trying to connect:

Cause #15 – No suitable cells in tracking area This EMM cause is sent to the UE if it requests tracking area updating in a tracking area where the UE, by subscription, is not allowed to operate, but when it should find another allowed tracking area in the same PLMN.

Thanks.

Hey @Victor_Garcia,

Roaming arrangements are still being worked out so we don’t expect to have a definitive answer until early 2019, although I can’t speak for other users who have tried to access the network while physically in Spain.

Best,
Maiky

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.